Mexican Style Coleslaw
This coleslaw is so tasty and makes a great side dish at summer BBQs. It makes a LOT, be prepared to share!
- 1 small purple cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 small green cabbage thinly sliced
- 6 celery stalks thinly sliced
- 6 med carrots grated
- 1 small jicama peeled & grated
- 1 med yellow onion grated
- 1 cup Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup dijion mustard
- ¼ cup raw local honey
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 2 tbsp chives, minced optional garnish
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chiffonade optional garnish
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp garlic sea salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
I prefer using a food processor with the slicer attachment to slice my veggies and using the grater attachment to grate my veggies. It makes making a big batch of coleslaw that much easier. But feel free to slice and grate your veggies with whatever tools you have on hand. You can also opt to buy pre-slice and/or pre-grated veggies.
In a large bowl, mix all the veggie ingredients (reserve the cilantro and/or chives for garnish).
In a small bowl, whisk mayo, vinegar, mustard, honey, and herbs and spices. Add the lemon zest.
Stir the dressing onto the coleslaw and top with chives and/or cilantro