These Almond Butter Chocolate Protein Bites were inspired by a vegan peanut butter chocolate protein bar from a juice bar in Houston, TX. I’m not a fan of vegan proteins, so I thought I’d figure out a way to make them myself. After a little tinkering in the kitchen, we found a winner. Jim approved!
Almond Butter Chocolate Protein Bites
These ABC Protein Bites make a great snack or treat that you won't feel guilty about. They also won't leave you hangry like other snacks or sweet treats.
- ½ cup gluten free oats
- 4 tbsp warm water
- ½ cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp collagen peptides beef or marine
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips Enjoy Life brand is my fave!
- 2 tbsp raw local honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add the oats and the warm water to a bowl, stir and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Once the oats have absorbed the liquid, mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Use a 1" cookie scooper to scoop the bites.
- Enjoy right away or refrigerate covered for up to 3 days (if they'll last that long!).
One Reply to “Almond Butter Chocolate Protein Bites”
Comments are closed.