This is a great summer salad for those drool-worthy heirloom tomatoes. The pesto recipe can be used with the burrata and heirloom tomatoes OR use it wherever you like to use pesto – minestrone, salad dressing, on hard-boiled eggs, etc.
Heirloom Tomato and Burrata Salad with Superfood Pesto
- Cuisinart Food Processor
- 1 large bunch of basil
- 3-5 kale leaves destemmed
- ⅓ cup pine nuts
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemons, juiced
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese optional
- 1 large heirloom tomato
- 1 container burrata cheese
- 1 tsp garlic sea salt
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil optional garnish
- flake salt optional garnish
- fresh ground pepper optional garnish
- Rinse and trim the basil leaves. Add the kale, basil, pine nuts, olive oil, lemon, garlic sea salt, lemon pepper, and parmesan to a food processor or high-speed blender.
- Pulse on high until smooth.
- Add to a jar and set aside.
- Slice the heirloom tomato into wedges and add to your plate. (Pictured here is a brandywine heirloom tomato).
- Add the burrata and drizzle the tomato and cheese with olive oil, sea salt, and fresh cracked pepper. Add the superfood pesto to the salad.