I love a good tuna salad. Reminds me of being a kid, but it’s also just easy and delicious. Perfect for quick meals or hot summer days because there’s no need to heat the oven! I like this served in a bell pepper, but you could also serve it in half an avocado, on a salad, with crackers, or in a sandwich. The options are endless!
I opt for safer tuna options like Safe Catch Foods or Wild Planet Foods or Vital Choice whenever I buy tuna. It does cost more, but I believe my health (and the health of the planet) is my greatest wealth.
Bell Pepper Tuna Salad Boats
I love a good tuna salad. Reminds me of being a kid, but it’s also just easy and delicious. Perfect for quick meals or hot summer days because there’s no need to heat the oven!
- 2 cans tuna
- 4 celery stalks halved and diced
- ½ onion diced
- 1 med. avocado
- 2 bell peppers stem removed, cut into thirds to create boats
- 4 tbsp Primal Kitchen Mayo
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp garlic sea salt Simply Organic is my favorite
- 1 tsp lemon pepper Simply Organic is my favorite
- cilantro optional garnish
- flake salt optional garnish
- Add all of the ingredients except bell pepper, avocado, cilantro, and flake salt to a medium bowl and mix well.
- Fold the avocado into the tuna salad mixture and mix just enough to combine.
- Serve tuna salad in bell pepper boats and garnish with cilantro and coarse salt.