I’ve been LOVING delicata squash lately and I’ve been seeing people get really creative with how they use it. The more creative they get, the more inspired I get. I decided to try out a simple stuffed delicata squash recipe and when it turned out pretty good, I knew I wanted to step up my game. Here is the result.
Stuffed Delicata Squash
- 4 delicata squash choose larger ones that will be easier to stuff
- 1 lb pasture raised ground pork (other ground meats will also work)
- ½ med red onion diced
- 2 med carrots sliced
- 3 celery stalks sliced
- 1 12 oz bag of riced cauliflower fresh or frozen
- 1 tsp coconut oil
Spice Blend Ingredients
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp granulated garlic
- ½ tsp granulated onion
- 2 tbsp parsley chiffonade optional garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F and coat a rimmed baking sheet with coconut oil.
- Slice the delicata squash into 2 inch rounds and scoop out the seeds. Place on the coconut oil coated baking sheet and put in the oven to par-bake for 10 minutes.
- While the squash is par-baking, combine the ground pork, riced cauliflower, celery, onions, and carrots in a large bowl. Mix in the spices and stir well.
- After 10 minutes, take the par-baked delicata squash out of the oven. Being careful of the hot baking sheet and the hot squash, carefully spoon the pork and veggie mixture into the delicata squash rounds until over stuffed.
- Continue baking for 25 minutes. When the meat is cooked through and the squash pierces easily with a knife, remove from oven. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with parsley chiffonade and serve.