There is just something about enchiladas. Maybe it’s the sauce, maybe it’s the melding of all the flavors, whatever it is, I simply love them. Since going paleo about nine years ago, enchiladas left the regular rotation in my diet, but with Siete’s products, enchiladas are BACK! If you want to know why we avoid grains, check out this post here. I hope you’ll try out the recipe and send me a picture or tag me on social media.
Paleo Chicken Enchiladas
- mixer (hand or stand)
- 2.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts baked and shredded
- 1 med onion diced
- 1 ½ cup riced cauliflower fresh or frozen
- 10 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 jar Siete Enchilada Sauce
- 12 Siete Tortillas
- 1 tbsp cooking fat butter, ghee, etc.
- Siete Traditional Hot Sauce optional garnish
- 8 oz Cotija cheese optional garnish
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chiffonade optional garnish
- 2 avocados, sliced optional garnish
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ground pepper to taste
- ½ tsp coriander
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp granulated garlic
- ½ tsp granulated onion
- Saute onions over medium-high heat in a large saute pan with 1 tbsp cooking fat. Once translucent, add in riced cauliflower, shredded chicken, and diced tomatoes.
- Add in spices and saute for 10-15 minutes to allow flavors to meld and the cauli rice to cook.
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Pour the enchilada sauce into a container large enough to dip the tortillas in. Once the chicken mix is done cooking, dip a tortilla into the enchilada sauce on both sides.
- Fill the tortilla with the chicken mix, roll up and place in a large rectangular glass baking dish. Continue filling up tortillas until you run out of filling or room in the dish.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce on top the enchiladas and break apart and sprinkle the cotija cheese on the enchiladas.
- Cook for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and serve. Top with optional toppings: Siete traditional red hot sauce, cilantro, and avocado.
Shredding the Chicken
- Handmixer: add cooked chicken to a large bowl and turn on the mixer at a low speed. This will shred the chicken – voila! Caution – hot chicken bits might fly about your kitchen.
- Stand mixer: using the paddle attachment, add cooked chicken to the stand mixer and turn on low. Increase the speed only 1-2 levels. This will also shred the kitchen EASY PEASY. Caution – hot chicken bits might fly about your kitchen.