On our way out of Houston, TX earlier in 2018, we stopped at a local coffee and kombucha place. They also had some peanut butter chocolate energy bars. The bar was amazing, but had a few ingredients I prefer to avoid. It got my wheels spinning and thus, I created Almond Butter Chocolate Protein Bites. I decided that this recipe could be easily tweaked to make a pumpkin version for pumpkin season This would be the perfect recipe to make with little kiddos!
Pumpkin Spice Protein Bites
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- ¾ cup gluten free oats
- 5 tbsp warm water
- ½ cup cashew butter or other nut butter
- 3 scoops collagen peptides beef or marine
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp raw local honey
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Add the oats and the warm water to a bowl, stir and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Once the oats have absorbed the liquid, mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Use a cookie dough scooper to portion energy balls in paper liners (they are a bit sticky).
- Enjoy right away or refrigerate covered for up to 3 days (if they'll last that long!).