On our way out of Houston, TX earlier in 2018, we stopped at a local coffee and kombucha place. They also had some peanut butter chocolate energy bars. The bar was amazing, but had a few ingredients I prefer to avoid. It got my wheels spinning and thus, I created Almond Butter Chocolate Protein Bites. I decided that this recipe could be easily tweaked to make a pumpkin version for pumpkin season This would be the perfect recipe to make with little kiddos!
Pumpkin Spice Protein Bites
This is a new pumpkin version of the Almond Butter Chocolate Protein Bites recipe and is perfect for pumpkin spice season. Unlike most other pumpkin spice things, this is made with real food ingredients and it won't leave you feeling hangry.
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- ¾ cup gluten free oats
- 5 tbsp warm water
- ½ cup cashew butter or other nut butter
- 3 scoops collagen peptides beef or marine
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp raw local honey
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Add the oats and the warm water to a bowl, stir and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Once the oats have absorbed the liquid, mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Use a cookie dough scooper to portion energy balls in paper liners (they are a bit sticky).
- Enjoy right away or refrigerate covered for up to 3 days (if they'll last that long!).