Most people feel kind of “meh” about beets and I used to be one of those people. I slowly began liking them more and more, but my husband wasn’t having it. He was firmly on the “meh” train. Enter Paleo Gingered Beets. They have revolution-ized beets for him. He could eat them EVERY DAY. I brought these to Easter too and convinced even more beet skeptics. I highly suggest you try the recipe and see if you become a convert!
Paleo Gingered Beets
- 2 packages Love Beets
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 in. piece fresh ginger grated
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chiffonade
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos soy sauce alternative
- sea salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- If you do not have Love Beets, you can certainly use fresh beets. Just boil until a knife easily pierces and peel.
- In a small bowl combine coconut aminos, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, ginger, mint, sea salt, and pepper. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl (with a lid), add the beets and then stir to combine all the ingredients. Allow the flavors to enhance by letting it sit in fridge for at least an hour. Enjoy!